Friday 27 July 2012

Guess Who's Got News, and Avon Vs The Beauty Blender. (The Grudge Match!).

Hey Peeps! How are my lovelies?
I've been on a short hiatus due to a hand injury, (tendonitis sucks FYI!) and a broken computer! Ray's a video game player, for reasons best known to his almost 40 year-old self, and he looked like someone had taken his heroin, while the computer was gone! I thought I'd have to sedate him so he'd make it through his jones!
He made it through with hardly a scratch, and I'm back in the shack!
I do have some news that i should share with everyone! I'm getting married in November! After eight years, it's about time we had the big shin-dig! It's going to be so fun! I'm thinking a vampy Liz Taylor look. I'll be posting a couple of pics soon, and I'd love to hear what you think!
I always think that the most important part of a special occasion look is the skin. Without a great canvas, the rest just won't look right. I've been looking at the Beauty Blender Make-up Sponge for a while, and the idea of it intrigues me! I'm not, however, willing to spend almost thirty dollars on something that might not be any different than a Dollar Store special.
Imagine my excitement when I came across the Avon Precision Grip Sponge!
What makes the Beauty Blender unique is the egg-shape. The bottom is wider for large areas, and the tapered top is geared for smaller, more delicate areas like the undereye, or nostrils. The Avon version is similar, but has a groove in the middle. This does make it easier to maneuver.
I actually love the finish I get with this sponge. The bottom is slightly flat, so the foundation gets really buffed into the skin. The texture of the sponge doesn't suck up too much product, leaving a finish that isn't all streaky or cakey. The pointy side fits nicely into the hollow of the eye for concealer application, but I love using it for a creamy hilighter in there. It's great for hilighter at the top of the cheekbone too. Again, buff it right in!
Overall, this was a nice little surprise! It goes for about $6.99, so the price couldn't be any better! I think the Beauty Blender would probably be a good investment, but until I win the lottery I'm going to stick with this Bad Boy!

Donna. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment