Monday 13 May 2013

The New Neutral Nail, With a Nod to Mod!

Hey Hey!

Hope everyone was good to their Mommies yesterday, and if you're a Mommy yourself, hopefully you were spoiled ridiculously!
If you were in Ontario, it was most likely and indoor affair seeing as it's winter again.  Snow on the roof of the house winter.
I've.  Had.  It. 
Now that I've vented, we're going to discuss a nail trend that's starting to grow on me.
I'm a little bit in love with the whole opaque nude/pale nail look.
It has an elegance that we haven't seen in a while.  It looks more finished than a bare nail, or translucent polish. 
When I was in my late teens, the whole mod thing was back with a vengance!  I loved it then, and I love it now.  I used to rock a graphic white nail with my black and white trapeze dress.  It was the 90`s!  It felt fresh! 
I took the stark white of my youth and made it softer and more modern by putting an opalescent white over the creamy polish.  As a base and top coat I used Sally Hansen Complete Care 4 in 1 treatment.  If your nails are brittle, this stuff is amazing on its own or with polish.  For the creamy white I gave the Lòreal French Tip a shot since this was what I had on hand.  Not the best idea I`ve had.  The brush is slanted and for these purposes it was awkward.  I had to do three coats to get a relatively smooth coverage while swearing like a sailor!  (Yeah, I`m classy like that.)  The next step was a Clarins Sheer Shimmer Nail Colour in 01.
I found the end result to be really pretty!  I dont look like I liquid papered my nails, but it`s completely opaque.  I get bored with nail colour quite quickly, but this feels like a keeper.  As for wear time, it`s been a couple of days now and I have no chips.  I`m quite hard on nail polish, so this is exciting! 
Check out the pictures, and let me know what you think!

Donna Xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment