Sunday 25 August 2013

Lancôme Concealer and Other Miracles

I've missed everyone!!!
I'm sorry that I've been so MIA for the last couple of weeks!  Been a little under the weather, and I was also in paradise for a couple of days!  (Muskoka is sooo pretty)
Now that I'm back, I'm going to tell all the ladies a few secrets which should be useful in life. 
When your mothers told you that womanhood is a gift from start to finish, they were soooooo full of sh!t!  
They say that menopause is quick, and doesn't happen until you're old. 
I started at 35. I'm almost 40 now. 
Menopause Blows. No other way to say it!  Blows with a capital B!
Last week my chin exploded with cystic acne. Hideous, marble sized acne. 
Not. Good. At. All. 
I'm usually lucky with my skin. Never had bad breakouts, not really blotchy. 
Well, that's out the window. 
My go to concealer these days has been Clinique All About Eyes. I like the texture and shade. The coverage isn't great for zits though. 
I went rooting around in my artist kit, after there was nothing appropriate in my everyday kit. In that little gold mine I came across my Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer. 
I love using this concealer! It spreads beautifully, covers everything, and lasts through a hurricane!  
The only reason I haven't used this in the first place, was the shade is on the darker side, but as luck would have it so am I right now!
I dotted a little bit on the beasts that had taken up residence on my face with my concealer brush, blended a bit, and set it with some powder. (Thin layers are the key here, Ladies!)
Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt!
It worked!!!!
The coverage was beautiful, and the texture is so lovely and liquidy for something that complete!  
The price is a little steep at $35.00 but for the coverage and the small amount needed, it's worth the splurge!  A good concealer is a huge part of any kit. Total must!
I'm absolutely picking up this little miracle once I go back to my winter skin tone!  
What do you think of splurging on a good concealer?  What's your little skin secret?  I'd love to hear!

Donna Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment