Wednesday 25 September 2013

"Rosie" Lips

I was reading People Stylewatch the other day and have come to a conclusion.  Guys, I need Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's lips.
Not just because they get to kiss Jason Statham either, although, that is a major selling point!
It's the pillowy, pouty quality of them in the pic that I fell in love with!  The texture is beautiful, as well as the colour.  She tends to wear a lipstick which is the perfect shade of rosey-nude.
When I wear lipstick, it's usually a statement shade, or a beigey tone if I'm doing a smokey eye and its never on the matte side.
Well, that has all changed, thanks to Rosie!
I have a fairly dark pigment to my lips, so I had to play around with a few different products to get the texture and shade I was after.  The final look was achieved with three products.
1- Lancome Le Lipstique Sheer Lip Liner in Sheer Raspberry all over the lips.  This is a warmer toned pink which gave me a nice smoothness to the lip colour.
2- Lancome Colour Design in Vintage Rose. This lipstick is a very soft pink with a touch of mauvey irridesance to it.  Ultra girly!
3- elf Matte Lip Colour in Nearly Nude.  This is a very pale matte beige.  I applied this sparingly near the middle of the mouth for a little dimension. I pressed this in with my finger to give the lips an almost "worn in" look.
I am of the opinion that make-up is alchemy a lot of the time. If you don't have the exact shade or texture you're after, play around with what you do have!  You might surprise yourself!
I am absolutely going to add this lip look to the rotation!
Do you guys like it on me?  Be honest!!!!

Donna Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment