Wednesday 4 September 2013

My Favourite Fall Look Featuring Clinique and The Body Shop

Happy September!
I like summer, but I'm totally a fall girl!  I love the richness of the colours associated with fall. I'm also a big fan of layering clothes. There is nothing I enjoy wearing more than a scarf with a great cardi!
I'm also sooo excited to update my makeup look!  There are two things in particular which are absolute musts this season for me. 
Matte, but still luminous skin, and deep plum or berry lips. 
I started with a smooth canvas. I applied a foundation with a medium-full coverage. I'm really in love with the Extra Virgin Mineral foundation from The Body Shop. The coverage is buildable, and the finish is smooth. It blends well, and feels quite creamy. It has a nice glow to it. After adding powder, you're left with a finish that's not chalky.  Matte, but luminous!  A little concealer and cream hilighter helped too!
I added a softly defined eye next with, of course, lots of lashes, (Thank you L'oreal Double Extend Mascara!!!!) along with a sculpted cheek. 
On to the lippy!
I have always loved Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey!  It can look terrifying in the tube, but, don't be scared!  It goes on quite sheer and leaves a beautiful blackberry stain. The texture is between a balm and a full coverage lipstick. Apply it with a finger for more of a true stain, or straight from the tube with a lip liner as I have in the picture for a more opaque finish. 
This face is the kind of look I'll be wearing all over the place these days!  It works with jeans and a pair of Toms while running errands on a Wednesday just as well as it will while having a couple of drinks on a Saturday night. Different footwear, of course!
What is your go-to face for this fall going to be?  I'd love to hear!  Now, as for the hair situation above, I'm waaayyy overdue for a cut and colour!  It's getting remedied tomorrow. 
Don't judge me!!!

Donna Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment