Sunday 29 December 2013

Makeup Looks for Saying Goodbye to 2013

Happy Holidays!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and has been enjoying some time off.
Most of all, I hope everyone has their power back on!
What the HELL was that????!!!!
We lost power for about 36 hours, and after the first 10 or so, Ray and I were bored, delirious and freezing!  Even my poor doggie was cold!
We were pretty lucky though.  I can't imagine having to leave my home for a week, or going through that with young kids.  (I did however get a text from a friend, who has a 10 week old and had to pump breast milk in her Subaru.)
Now, to the subject at hand.
New Year's Eve!
No matter what you have planned, New Year is always an opportunity to be fancy!
Try something a little gutsy and colourful!
I have a few looks here that are fun!  A little colour goes a long way towards brightening your face, and making you feel confidant.
Go for it!!!
I love a smokey-ish eye in something unexpected, like turquoise.  It brings such an inherent sexiness to the look without being obvious.  I have a taupe and gold combo eyeshadow on the lids, and I also have black liner very close to the upper lashes and the lower waterline.  This gives some depth to the eye and makes the whole thing a little Rock and Roll!  For the turquoise liner I used a beautiful waterproof liner from ArtDeco.  I brag about this in more detail here.  I applied a heavy line of the Art Deco above the black on my top lid, and a nice  thick one along the bottom too. This is not the time to be subtle!
Add lots of mascara, a good dose of hilighter along with a pale, shiny lip and Sexy is your middle name!
We all know how much I love Lippy right?  Love the feel, the richness, the elegance!  There is no way I'd discuss NYE looks without offering an option which involves a bright lip!  I went with a fuchsia shade instead of red for a more unusual feel this time of year.  Red is classic, while this feels like a more modern choice.  The best thing to do while wearing a dark or bright lip is prep like a champ!  Too Faced Lip Insurance is an amazing primer!  It gives hours of wear.  A good lip liner is a life saver too!  Make sure it's waterproof, like Sephora's Waterproof lip liner.  Makes a huge difference!  After that, apply your lipstick from the tube, or with a brush.  I'm wearing Lancôme's Colour Design in Fuchsia Clutch.  It's a gorge satiny shade, non? 
All you need to go with this is mascara, brows, and a sculpted cheek!   HOOOOTTT!
Well, Happy New Year Guys!
Thanks so much for all of the support I've gotten from each and every one of you in the past year!  It means more to me to be able to write this blog than I can say, and I couldn't do it without you!
 I wish you all the best for 2014, and I'd love to hear any plans for New Year's Eve, or resolutions for next year!  An Occasional Redhead has a few interesting things coming up!

Donna Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment