Wednesday 8 January 2014

How to Look Fresh and Pretty On Cold Days Like These.

Winter is officially kicking our asses!
We have been covered in six inches of ice, as well as blasted with -40 degree temperatures.
We now know that a Polar Vortex exists, don't we!
Holy Hell, I wish we didn't!
I am past the point of needing to look chic when I go out the door.
Winter, you win.
I will have hat-head, which for a short haired girl is BAD with a capital B.
I will not compromise on wearing the right makeup, though! Thankfully, I don't have to!
Weather like this is the best time to bust out a flushed cheek and a pretty lip!
The trick is prepping the skin, and using the correct products.
Hydrating, waterproof, and illuminating are your best word friends during a cold snap.
 A rich moisturizer will protect your skin from wind burn, regardless of skin type. (Don't forget the SPF!  So important!)  It's usually best to avoid a full coverage foundation and go with a BB cream or tinted moisturizer.  Go for a smooth, even finish that's dewy.  A little concealer, and that's all she wrote! 
Skin gets so dull when the temperatures drop.  That's when a cream or liquid hilighter comes in handy.  Put some life back into those cheekbones!  You already know I love Pearl by MAC, but Joe Fresh makes some great ones!
Cheek colour is wonderful in the winter!  It's the perfect time for a pretty pink flush!  Benefit Posietint is my fave cheek product right now.  I love the sheerness of it, and the fact that it DOES NOT BUDGE!  Hugely important when you are wind-blown and partly covered by scarves and misery.
A waterproof and smudgeproof mascara is mandatory right now.  I learned that one the hard way!  I wore  a terrible mascara one cold winter morning on my way to work.  I had to wear my sunglasses on the bus at seven in the morning like an idiot, to cover rivers of black running down my face.  Charming, I know.  Since then, I have been rocking L'Oreal's Double Extend Mascara religiously!  It gives ma-jah length and volume to lashes, as well as wears through everything!  It also comes off really easily.  If that isn't the best thing ever, then I don't know what is!
Let's keep with the bubblegum pink flush for the lips, shall we?  I'm in love with Benefit's new Hydra-Smooth lip colour!  It has shea and mango butters for smoothness and hydration.  This feels spectacular, and leaves the prettiest sheer pink velvety finish.  Layer the Posietint  under the lipstick to up the intensity, and wear time. 
What are your best tricks for the winter?

Donna Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment