Friday 13 June 2014

Easy Hair To Beat The Heat For Us Short Haired Ladies!

The higher temperatures are wonderful, aren't they?
Morning coffee on the patio while Annie plays with the squirrels, and an outdoor beer in the evening make me feel like the world is right where it should be!
I do, however, hate when my hair is in my face in the heat.  My hair may be short, but I still like to have it back and comfortably away from my face.
Thank goodness for the hair accessories trend!
Everywhere you look there are ingenious ways to keep hair back!  Headbands, hair wraps, scarves! 
Forever 21 is a goldmine for them this season.
And, NO!  They are not only for long hair ladies!
One short hair stunnah that can rock a head scarf like nobodies business is Casie Stewart.  If you aren't familiar with Casie, you need to be, and you can learn about her here.  Her hair game is bang on!  So much inspo it's crazy!

 
 
What I go for when I'm doing a look like this, is a kind of retro feel.  I love pin-up hair, so this has a pin-up influence to it. 
To keep this flirty, make sure that there's a bit of a pouf in the front, and make sure the back isn't too smooth.  Tousled  and sexy is the goal here!
 
 
 
Here's how!
Blowdry your hair, making sure the front has some volume.  Add a small amount of texturizing wax or pomade to tousle the hair, and smooth the sides back.  I like to leave some "sideburns" down, to soften the look.  Then take a square scarf and fold it in half.  Then fold the scarf until it's a straight line, wrap it around your head, and tie it in a knot!  I like the knot off to the side.  You can tuck the ends in, or leave them out and keep it fun.  Add oversize sunnies and you'll be cool as a cucumber!
I'll be rocking this a lot as the heat skyrockets!  Between this and a hat (I got a really cute one at Old Navy in the kids section, since I have a freakshow small head.) I should be all set this summer.
What heat-proof hair secrets do you have?  I want to hear them all!
 
 
Donna Xoxo

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment